Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Making Something Out of Nothing

The journey has been more difficult and more time consuming than I thought to create my etsy shop. I knew, but somehow, didn't realize all the time and effort that went into researching etsy, advertising, business models, etc., not to mention, figuring out and making the items I will sell. I don't have anything in my shop just yet, but will soon (hopefully in the next week or two) have at least ten items to begin with.


So, my summer has gone to this new venture to bring in some extra money as well as researching fabrics, subjects and figuring out what the heck I'm going to design for my senior collection. Yes, I'm finally a senior at Savannah College of Art and Design, majoring in fashion. While I love designing and fashion, this has been a stressful venture. It is difficult to sum up ones' self and the whole path of self-discovery achieved in the previous years at college in six looks. I mean, this is going to be my livelihood. Getting a job after school hinges on this! But then I have to step back and tell myself to relax and just DESIGN (not to mention, BREATHE).



For now, at least I'm concentrating on these two main projects and be sure to drop by my etsy shop abenne27.etsy.com in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment