Thursday, September 23, 2010

Karlee's Challenge

Okay, so another post in the same day, unbelievable, right?! Well, Karlee of karleekrafts.com and best friend to Robin of My Pink Stamper posted an envelope challenge on her blog. Since I kind of got into a craft groove today, I thought I'd go ahead and make something. I had some left over scraps from the card I made earlier and decided to make it into an envelope, and then put that envelope into the card.

Here, you can see a little of my work space, I love to use paint and mists so for this card, I decided to use acryla gouache (an more paint version of gouache, less tempermental to work with) in cobalt blue. Ok, on the left is my scrap paper turned into an envelope via the sewing machine.

Here is the front of my card. First of all, I would like to say that my lighting sucks right now since it is late and I apologize but I wanted to get this up so, oh well. This is a Thank You card with graduation in mind. I wish I would have made my graduation thank you cards this way when I was sending them out because there is space inside for a wallet sized photo but this would also be great for giftcards.

At first, I was just going to use the bird and nameplate cutouts on the black but I thought it needed a background so I stippled white paint over some cheap crocheted lace I had. I like the way it turned out, very non specific but cool. The cuts are from the Cricut Sentimentals and Home Accents Solutions cartridges that I had lying around, so I thought I'd use them  (I tend to make more projects when I have pre-cuts because it cuts down on the time I spend just cutting stuff out so I do this when I have extra time). I also embossed the bird with the Cuttlebug Houndstooth folder (even though you might not be able to see it, darn lighting!) and stamped the Thank You on the nameplate with a provocraft rotating stamp that I got a long time ago. I also added some of the cobalt acryla gouache on the edges to coordinate with what I ended up doing inside on my envelope. I know this all sounds like a lot of work so far but it really didn't take that long...

Here you can see the inside of the card with my envelope for picture or giftcard on the left. To my envelope, I added a cobalt painted chipboard photo arm with a brad to secure the envelope and brushed the edges with the paint as well. The final touch was the kraft paper for the sentiment matted in white to tie everything together. Whew! This was a lot of fun to make and I hope you are inspired by what I've done. Thanks for stopping by.

-Ashley

2 comments:

  1. This is so very pretty! I wonder if you've heard about Papercraft Star yet? We'd love to have you join us by entering some of your fabulous projects in our challenges! There is also time to enter the 25 dollar gift certificate drawing! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete