Friday, April 8, 2011

Some Scrapbook Layouts and Food Talk

Hi there, Oh my gosh, I've been soooo bad at blogging lately but I have some new (sort of) layouts to share. Maybe they'll inspire someone somewhere. I had fun creating them anyway. Here they are:

Luscious Lemon Cupcakes:
Had these for my birthday and my Mom's b-day a while ago, gluten-free, of course.




May Student of the Month:
This pic is from so long ago (6th grade) but it was fun to reminisce.




So Thankful for this FOOD:
From last year's feast.







High School Graduation Day:
self-explanatory.




aaaahhh:
This is from my trek to Jacksonville, Fl to visit their Whole Foods since there's not one in Savannah. Whole Foods, please come to Savannah, we need you!







And finally for the layouts,
23--Happy Birthday to ME!:




I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Countryside line at Studio Calico, I saved up for some of the paper and it's gorgeous! Wish I had tons of money so I could stock up on it!






On to some Food Talk:
First of all, I would like to say that I'm so excited for the new season of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. It starts on Tuesday, April 12 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network. This is so needed in the world right now, to make the public aware of what's happening. We all seem to get so busy and forget the basics in life and to pay attention to what's happening around us. It's our responsibility to know what we're putting into our bodies, which brings me to my next topic.

I watched the food documentary, Food Matters and it made me very happy. My mom and I have been researching food and health for the last 5 or 6 years and while I was watching this, I was like, "Thank you, that's what we've been saying!". These are more credible sources since they've been studying much longer and have degrees and such.

 So now, I am trying to transition into a life of partly-raw food-ism, meaning I'll be eating 80% vegan (organic fruits, vegetables and seeds) and 60% raw foods on a daily basis. I've already seen the results of eating more fruits and vegetables and less grain since going gluten-free so I know this will be extremely beneficial for me.

Some Food Resources to check out:
Food Inc. Documentary (a must see!)
Food Matters Documentary
Supersize Me Documentary (love this one too, reminds me why I don't eat fast-food)
http://www.rawfoodnation.org/
http://www.urbanorganicgardener.com/ ( a great resource for growing your own organic food in small spaces)
The Meat You Eat by Ken Midkiff ( a great book about how corporate farming has corrupted our meat)

I hope you'll go out and look at these resources and do some more research on your own. I have looked through government food websites as well, they don't like to disclose very much info, and have found that our government officials aren't interested in protecting us by regulating our food ( no matter what they say), they are interested in $$$$$$. A little harsh? I don't think so, not when so many people are sick and dying of food-related illnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment